“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru

“Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.” – Paul Theroux

“Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien

Saturday, February 6, 2010


The view to the left out Katie's window. Dongtan in the distance!





The view out my window :( not pretty. I think its all the building materials for these apartments. Or something like that I don't really know. At least it doesnt smell bad, it just looks bad.






This picture is looking out the door out of my bedroom. There's a washer right there, its really nice and brand new. Hopefully it doesn't rip up my clothes like the one in Greece did. Past the washer is another sliding window. And no, thats not a balcony its just a railing with that beautiful view you saw above on the other side.


Here is my bed! Hard as a rock, but the blanket/comforter they gave me is really nice and warm. I don't know if you can tell but we don't even have pillows yet, I stuffed some shirts in a pillowcase I brought. The heat comes up through the floor though so it was really nice to get out of bed this morning and walk on heated floors.

Katie's bed :( haha it's kind of funny for any of you guys that know Katie because that just would happen to her. Out of all of us, shes stuck with the room with no bed and broken heating! That's only for a week though until the other teachers leave so she has been in our rooms a lot to hang and warm up!

This is the sliding door I was trying to describe. I took the picture in the kitchen and the sliding doors opens onto my bedroom where you can see the heater blazing cause its so cold! The door shuts all the way so thats kind of nice and for some reason it reminds me of like really authentic Korean or Japanese housing. Kinda cool!



Here's the kitchen! We have a fridge, not quite mini but smaller than normal. It's the perfect size for just one person, with a couple burners on the side. The owner of the building has all sorts of problems hooking up the gas last night when we got here, i think he was swearing a lot in Korean.

This is the "shower"! Sorry its rotated but I cant figure out how to change it. So theres the showerhead! I guess it just flows into the sink and then you rotate it. I dunno, should be interesting.
This is the bottom half of the bathroom/shower. See the cord attached to the faucet? That goes up to the showerhead. And if you look close you can see the drain a little behind the sink. Crazy!!

























No comments:

Post a Comment